2017 date: Sunday, December 3rd – You can book now by clicking here.
Check back for details as the show approaches.
Some of our highlight cars for 2017 include:
- LaFerrari Aperta – the newest, most exotic Ferrari.
- 1937 Humber Imperial – ex-King Edward VIII, fresh from 20 year restoration.
- De Tomaso Guara – unique in the southern hemisphere.
- One of the first batch of 100 1954 Corvettes, making its debut in Australia.
- The only Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary in WA.
- Renault Twizy electric runabout, unique in Australia.
- A dramatic Mercedes-AMG GT R in matt metallic green.
- Beautiful Talbot Lago Record coupe.
- Matra Murena coupe, unique in WA.
- A magnificent 1939 Cadillac Series 75 Convertible Coupe, just restored.
- Ferrari F40 supercar.
- Award winning 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom 2 Continental DHC.
- Unique to WA Swallow Doretti sports car.
Check back for details of more…
Details and galleries from past year’s shows below.
PAGE UPDATED 30-11-16 – Photo Gallery below
Celebration of the Motorcar 2016. What an exceptional day! A wonderful venue, atmosphere and very impressive cars.
We had 170 spectacular cars on show, including one new display area, featuring a historic racing car display for the VSCC 30th Anniversary which included a rare Bugatti Type 57, Lola, the Bartlett Special Salmson and more.
The 100 Years of BMW display had some marvellous cars, from a tiny Isetta bubble car through a unique Z1 Roadster to the latest Alpina and i8.
Many very rare cars were enjoyed by visitors. Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Aston Martin, Ferrari and more… In excess of $35million worth of cars were displayed. Some cars came from the eastern states this year.
Award winners were:
The Peter & Robin Briggs Award – Classic Sports
1934 MG NA – Al Herring
The Automotive Events Management Award – Classic Non-Sports
1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom ll Continental DHC – Roger Fry
The Clockwork Print Award – Modern Sports
1985 Lamborghini Countach 5000QV – Danny Meneghello
The Wheels for Hope Award – Modern Non-Sports
1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible – George Sain
People’s Choice Award
This has never been so close… The winner, by one vote, second by just three votes from third.
1st: 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom ll Continental DHC – Roger Fry
2nd: 1990 Ferrari F40
3rd: 1899 Renault Type A
The Charity Auction took place at 1.00pm in conjunction with the presentation of awards. Auctioneer Simon McGrath helped get excellent prices for these items:
- A Classic Supercar ride experience in your choice of a Ferrari F40 or Lamborghini Countach (both cars will be at the show).
- A professional photo session and your car featuring in an article in The Garage Journal magazine.
- A Swissvax car detailing – Premium exterior detail plus upgrade to Crystal Rock.
- An autographed portrait donated by Formula 1 driver Daniel Ricciardo.
- A pair of genuine Mercedes-Benz large format poster prints donated by Universal Traders.
A big Thank You to the traders and sponsors involved:
Some quotes from email messages received after the show: “The event just gets better and better. I’ll be there next year…!”; “I usually don’t attend the same car shows every year due to seeing the same cars etc, but we really enjoyed today’s event as much as last years with the different and fantastic lineup of cars. Well done and look forward to seeing what you line up at next years show.”; “It was a brilliant day, my kids loved it. I hope the fund raising went well”; “Thoroughly enjoyed the day.”; “An excellent show yesterday.”
New cars at the show included examples of Bentley, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc. The latest Mercedes-AMG C43 Cabriolet made its WA debut at the show among a special AMG display.
PHOTO GALLERY All photos copyright AEM 2016
Lots more photos to come… check back again soon.
Celebration of the Motorcar was held in Perth on a hot day: Sunday, November 22nd 2015. The venue was the beautiful grounds of the Cottesloe Civic Centre again. A total of 140 cars was on show, with a value in excess of $33 million.
The innovation of a VIP area, with shade, comfortable seating and refreshments available all day, and a grand view over the show was a great success, sold out before the day of the show. Special guest in the VIP area was Rosco McGlashan OAM, ‘The Fastest Australian on Earth”, the legendary Australian Land Speed Record Holder.
2015 display cars included: A rare (304 built) 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, first owned by Frank Sinatra and later Jenny Craig. An Alvis TE21, which has recently arrived and is the sole example in WA. A spectacular Ferrari F40. The 1922 Bentley which was the first of the marque to compete in the Le Mans 24-Hour race. A unique Puma GT coupe. A glamorous 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE. A very rare Marcos Martina sports car. An unusual Panhard PL17 being shown for the first time. The 1958 Corvette originally owned by Hollywood stars Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood. A supercharged 2006 Ford GT sports car and the first RHD Factory 5 818S made…
Also on show was a 1930 Fraser Nash Ulster, the sole example of this ex-factory racer in the world, fresh from an extensive restoration. A unique Bentley 8-litre with 2-seater Corsica body which justifiably got a lot of attention. A display of early Porsches, specifically 356 models and early 911s, included the oldest 911 in Australia. The only Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet on Perth’s roads, which is rarely seen. The earliest Plymouth Fury in the world made its Australian debut at this year’s show.
A special feature display celebrated 60 Years of the Citroen DS.
Congratulations to the award winners, who were:
Prewar Sports Car – 1935 MG NB Roadster – Mary Ann & Ken Stewart-Richardson
Prewar Non Sports Car – 1936 Alvis Charlesworth Drophead – Peter Graham
Modern Sports Car – 1973 Ferrari Dino 246GT – Joe Ricciardo
Modern Non-Sports Car – 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabrio – John Bond
Peoples’ Choice – 2014 McLaren MP4-12C 50th Anniversary
The charity auction items included:
- An original oil painting by Fadwa Abdallah – Generously donated by the artist.
- A Swissvax car detailing – Premium exterior detail plus upgrade to Crystal Rock
- An autographed, framed portrait of WA’s first Formula 1 driver Daniel Ricciardo. Kindly donated by Daniel Ricciardo.
- The Garage Journal magazine provided a photo session with the winning bidder’s car, plus the car featuring in a story in the magazine.
Our sincere thanks to the donors of auction items and the enthusiastic bidders, as well as auctioneer David Lynch.
New cars were well represented by their respective dealers, with beautiful examples of Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Rolls-Royce gracing the lawns.
Thanks are extended to all the exhibitors who brought cars along to help make the event such a success.
A photo gallery can be seen below.